|Not that kind of 'draining'!|
We began the process on Day Two of the new school year with Student Evaluations.
I shall scan some of my students' responses for you to see next week. Every step of the way, when showing kids' work, I shall protect their confidentiality. It will be important to share the thinking, the successes and the failures (which will all be my fault) along the way.
So here is the first step. To give a taste test of the rest of the journey, here are the chapters that I foresee. Please feel free to suggest a chapter title that you think I've missed.
- Genuine student reflections - more to come on this.
- Evaluating our areas for improvement
- Setting SMART goals - remember this old chestnut?
- The Weekly Planner - a new masterstroke addition
- Ongoing parent input
- Fidelity of Implementation
Reflect, you must...
Learn, you can...
Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.How to deal with changes and problems
- Morning classroom discussions
- Individual student conferencing
- Ongoing evaluation of the process
- Creating a catalogue of ideas
- Refining the product with input from each of the stakeholders
- New, genuine student reflections
- Episode Four - A New Hope (just wanted a StarWars reference here)
Your thoughts always welcomed.